WBCC Business of the Month Program
The primary purpose of this program is simply to acknowledge and thank our local businesses for their contributions to the West Babylon community. We proudly want to highlight our members and share their business information with our residents throughout the year. The Business of the Month Award is determined by a nomination and selection process of the West Babylon Chamber of Commerce Board Members. Nominations are made and submitted to the Chamber for approval. The committee reviews nominations on a monthly basis to evaluate and select the nominees based upon different criteria including (but not limited to); active membership in West Babylon Chamber of Commerce, good standing within West Babylon community, outstanding public service contribution and donations, positive sustainability and ethic practices, etc... Winners are recognized at our monthly meetings, receive certificate award, and are proudly displayed with an advertisement like sign at our "Welcome to West Babylon" sign spot at 999 Little East Neck Rd.
This Month's Winner (August) is:
located in West Babylon, Jumping Jack's has been servicing Long Island for over 32 years. Specializing in car electronics & hobbies they take their business to the next level creating an online store (visit their website).
Jumping Jack's was established 1982. Priding themselves on customer service, they treat all of their customers like family.
Pictured above are the West Babylon Chamber of Commerce Board Members, along with Town of Babylon officials at the WBCC ribbon cutting ceremony on August 1, 2018. Mr Jack Spiller of Jumping Jack's Stereo was honored as the first Business of the Month recipient.
Ever since I started this business, "my goal was to make quality audio & video equipment available to our customers for an affordable price." says Jack Stiller (owner). The products of our store are constantly being researched, and we love to beat the competitors prices! We've also taken the online thing onto a new experience. Since e-commerce and PayPal are the online gateway, we've chosen to build our E-commerce store upon demand. With the trustworthy Paypal name, we've already have an established history through our e-bay store sales. If you have any questions about any of our products, or about in-store pick up; don't hesitate to call!
Jumping Jack's sells car audio, car alarms, remote starts, navigation, car DVD & video, accessories, Home theater sales & installs. Plasma & LCD TV'S. We have been in business for 32 years and have over thirty years of electronics sales & service experience. We do installations! Some of our specialty services include: Remote Starts, Window Tinting, & Speaker installation.
Call us today to schedule an appointment. 631-669-3367
Same as today, our mission is to treat our customers as family with quality service, and at prices that you can afford.
JUMPING JACKS STEREO
EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE - 631-669-3367
STOREFRONT - 285 Little East Neck Rd, West Babylon, NY 11704
WEBSITE - www.jumpingjacksli.com
Get to know your local business - Jumping Jacks Stereo:
After giving Jack Spiller the congratulatory news of being selected as the monthly winner we sat down with him in a brief Q&A session.
Jack Spiller, w guests Doreen Spiller (wife) and family.
1. The person that started my interest in the stereo and electronics field was the audio manager at the now defunct, Newmark and Lewis in West Babylon. I was just 17 and working as a stock boy when Shelly Wasserman, the audio manager, took me under his wing and showed me the ropes to business and electronics. "Thank you always Shelly."
2. I wanted to pursue a career in police enforcement. I worked at Newmark waiting and was offered a managers position in the Lawrence/Cedarhurst store. I moved to Atlantic beach next door to Mike McEwan of the NY Rangers. Soon most of the NY Rangers hockey team was hanging out and having sound systems installed. I then married my beautiful wife Doreen in 1978 and had 3 beautiful girls in 2 years. In the mean time McEwan was traded and wound up with The New York Islanders. I started Jumping Jacks Stereo in 1981 and was lucky enough to now have the Islanders as friends and customers. At that point we added car audio to our inventory and the business boomed, that's when i knew that I made the right choice by starting my own business.
3. I have never really be comfortable with my career with just owning a store and real estate has always interested me so Doreen and I obtained our Real Estate Licenses and have worked as agents for Century 21 AA Realty for 20 years.
4. The biggest changes in the industry was when car audio exploded and everyone had to have some bass. Recently like in the last 10 years things have changed drastically, we are now more diversified. We sell and install remote starts, back-up cameras, lights, accessories and more.
5. Yes, our field is constantly changing but we are on top of servicing and installations of most equipment.Young people have the potential of learning a great service career.
6. Enjoy your life with your friends and family and treat people with kindness. Money is necessary but not the most important thing in life. My family gives me the most pride, love and happiness and dedication.
Thanks Jack Spiller (a.k.a.) "Mr. Jumping Jack"