Membership in West Babylon Chamber of Commerce offers numerous benefits, keeping local business owners and residents on top of important issues in our marketplace. We are the voice of our local West Babylon business community. We promote, pursue and strengthen economic developments in the area for our merchants and business professionals to enjoy. We strive to make West Babylon a better place to shop, work, live, learn, and play.
Enroll and support your local stores like:
- Local businesses are more likely to utilize other local businesses such as banks, service providers, and farms.
- For every $100 you spend at local businesses, about $65 will stay in the community (+/-).
- Independent retailers return more than three times as much money per dollar of sales to the community in which they operate than chain competitors. Independent restaurants return more than two times as much money per dollar of sales than national restaurant chains.
- Small businesses employ 77 million Americans and accounted for 65% of all new jobs over the past 17 years.
In addition to helping build the local economy, there are also notable intangible benefits that come from supporting businesses in your local community. Yes, friendship and personal customer rapport are two of them!
Small businesses promote competition and help prevent monopolies (large chain stores). By encouraging competition, small companies move the economy along. Consumer spending on Mom and Pop stores put a substantial amount of money back into the economy.
So....., get to know your fellow West Babylon merchants, and visit them for a great partnership! - Remember:
- Local Economic Stimulus revitalizes.
- Non Profits Receive Greater Support.
- Unique Businesses Create Character & Prosperity.
- Environmental Impact Is Reduced.
- Most New Jobs are Provided By Local Businesses.
- Customer Service Is Better.
- Local Business Owners Invest In Community.
- Public Benefits Far Outweigh Public Costs.